|—||Sheila Jeffreys, Unpacking Queer Politics, pg 140 (via merwytch)|
Toronto-based editor Lyndsay Kirkham has started a firestorm this week after overhearing what was apparently an incredibly sexist conversation between IBM executives at lunch — and live-tweeting it.
Unaware that they were transmitting sexist nonsense to cyberspace, the IBM executives openly discussed “why they don’t hire women.” If you take Kirkham’s account at its word, it actually gets way worse.
Hooray, sexist executives being sexist.
And, if you click through, there’s a woman among them who even agrees with these jackasses. So it’s been ingrained in others they work with.
shychemist, you might want to boost this, given your most popular post and all.
1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.
THIS IS IMPORTANT
why do people say chicken as a term for coward? Have you ever meet a chicken? Cause those things will fuck you up man
When you joking with ya mom and then she turns it into a lecture
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2 rounded cups macaroni, cooked in well salted water until just al dente, and drained
- 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated smoked Gouda cheese, plus more for topping
- Set oven to 350F
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour. Whisk to combine, and cook for a minute or so, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and whisk to combine, continuing to heat until the milk comes to a simmer and is thickened.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the cheese, stir until all of the cheese is incorporated and the sauce is smooth. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix the macaroni with the sauce, and pour into a baking dish or individual dishes. Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbling throughout.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top and put under the broiler until the cheese is browned.